$2,000 Marvelous Map Contest!
We are celebrating the launch of They Draw and Travel with a big, fat contest!
Who will pick the winners?
The celebrity judge for this contest will be Lilla Rogers of Lilla Rogers Studio. Lilla Rogers Studio is an illustration agency representing about 30 artists internationally and has been in business since 1984. Lilla's agency represents some of the most wonderfully talented illustrators in the world and licenses to clients such as IKEA, TeNeues, Crate and Barrel, Pottery Barn, Land of Nod, Graphique de France, Target, American Girl, QVC, Nickelodeon, Chronicle Books, Barneys New York, Disney, Conde Nast, and many others. We have loads of respect for Lilla both as an artist herself and an agent and are very happy that she generously agreed to judge this contest!
How will this contest work?
• From now until July 24, every map we approve will be entered into the contest.
• Lilla Rogers, our celebrity judge, will then have 2 days to review all maps and pick her favorites.
• On July 27 (at Noon, Eastern Standard Time) winners will be announced on TDAT (and Facebook/Twitter too!)
• The grand prize is $1,000 and the 5 runner-ups will each receive $200.
What are the rules?
• Yes, you may enter more than 1 map (we know it's hard to pick just 1 favorite city!)
• Your map must follow the simple TDAT size and format guidelines (read the sidebar on our Submit a Map page)
• We reserve the right to reject submissions (we want to ensure that when people visit TDAT, they always see good stuff!)
• Don't think: "Oh, I'll never win." (many previous winners from past They Draw and Cook contests were amateur artists!)
• Artists represented by Lilla Rogers may submit a map, but are not eligible for winning (sorry guys!)
• Deadline is 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on Sunday, July 24, 2011.